Testing Held in Wenatchee on Saturday, October 16
information released by Chelan County
There’s still time to get registered for the October 16 Public Safety Testing event for people interested in working in law enforcement or corrections.
“This is the first public safety testing that Chelan County has hosted, but we’d like to hold these testing events once a quarter in the future,” said Kami Rosser of the Chelan County Human Resources Department. “At Chelan County, we expect several openings in the sheriff’s office because of upcoming vacancies. I encourage anyone interested in law enforcement to get registered for the testing.”
Public safety testing consists of both written and physical ability tests; it is typically the first step a public safety agency requires in its hiring process.
To participate, interested candidates must first pre-register at www.publicsafetytesting.com. The website supports public safety agencies around the state in the hiring of police officers, firefighters, corrections officers and 911 dispatchers.
Details about the Saturday, Oct. 16 testing event include:
- Testing is at the Chelan County Administration Building, 400 Douglas St., suite 201, in Wenatchee.
- Check-in is 8 a.m. Written testing begins at 9 a.m.
- Check-in for the physical ability test is 2 p.m. PAT testing begins at 2:15 p.m.
- Anyone with questions about the Chelan County Sheriff’s Office can contact Rosser at firstname.lastname@example.org or 667-6804.
- If you have questions specifically about the Chelan County Regional Justice Center, contact Sgt. Arnold Silva at email@example.com or 667-6619.
- Applicants interested in being a corrections deputy should include the Chelan County Regional Justice Center under “corrections” to have test results sent to the facility for evaluation.