Chelan PUD will designate new pickleball courts at six parks
Sport court users will play on clean, new surfacing – including new pickleball courts! – at six Chelan PUD parks this fall. In the meantime, visitors can expect periodic court closures while maintenance work is underway.
Sport courts at six parks will be periodically closed for maintenance through early October. Chelan PUD plans to resurface the courts and convert several tennis courts to pickleball due to popular demand.
Here’s the tentative schedule, pending weather conditions:
- Kirby Billingsley Hydro Park: Closed July 17-Aug. 25 for resurfacing all courts, relining for one new pickleball court
- Confluence State Park: Closed July 17-Aug. 25 for resurfacing all courts, relining for one new pickleball court
- Lincoln Rock State Park: Closed Aug. 28-Sept. 15 for court maintenance, adding three new pickleball courts in an open, unused area
- Chelan Falls Park: Closed Sept. 4-15 for resurfacing, relining for one new pickleball court
- Daroga State Park and Beebe Bridge Park: Closed Sept. 11-Oct. 7 for replacing surfacing, posts and nets, and relining for one pickleball court at each park
The $346,940 project will ensure safety and longevity of the courts. The courts may be closed until early October, depending on weather, to allow the new concrete to cure.
Sport courts will remain open at Walla Walla Point Park, where similar work was finished last fall. As of late July, sport courts are open at Lincoln Rock, Daroga State Park, Beebe Bridge Park, and Chelan Falls Park.
For additional information, visit the Chelan PUD website.