Keep yourself and others safe on and around water
information released by National Safe Boating Council and Chelan PUD; photos courtesy of Chelan PUD and LCN archives
National Safe Boating Week (May 20-26) starts tomorrow. This emphasis on boating safety is coordinated each year by the National Safe Boating Council and its partners across the U.S. and Canada. It’s a reminder for all boaters to brush up on boating safety skills and prepare for the boating season. This observance week is the annual kick-off of the Safe Boating Campaign, a global awareness effort that encourages boaters to make the most of their boating adventure by being responsible.
Chelan PUD also offers this list of safety tips and reminders on their website, including links to river and lake condition apps, launch locations, and more.
Know Before You Go
- Download the Current App for Columbia River and Lake Chelan conditions.
- You can also check the river conditions, river flows and lake levels pages for more information.
- Check the weather forecast before starting out. Watch for any wave, wind and cloud changes that signal bad weather is heading your way.
- Learn more about public boat launches on the Columbia River and Lake Chelan.
- Stay connected with Chelan PUD through Twitter and Facebook to learn if there are any potential or expected changes in river operations.