Congratulations to Manson FFA for their excellent showing!
Written by Katie Gosvener-Manson FFA Reporter, pictured above: Gunnar Rasmussen, named Grand Champion for his metal art.
Earlier this month, 11 members of the Manson FFA attended the Chelan County Fair in Cashmere.
Some of the accomplishments as a group were:
- FFA took first in garden judging, with Bryana Harris placing 1st overall followed by Jude Petersen 2nd, Reanna Mogan 3rd and Katie Gosvener 4th.
- The group also took second in poultry judging and third in livestock judging.
- Manson FFA earned a first place ribbon for barn decorations.
- In swine FFA took 1 reserve grand champion, 3 call back ribbons, 17 blue first place ribbons, and 1 second place ribbon.
- In goats FFA took a reserve grand champion, 1 call back ribbon, 3 blue first place ribbons, and 1 red second place ribbon.
- In the FFA art and gardening entries, they received 3 grand champion ribbons, 2 reserve grand champion ribbons, 6 first place ribbons, and 2 second place ribbons.
Manson FFA Freshman
Jude Petersen (pictured) received 1 reserve grand champion ribbon for fitting, showing, 2 call back ribbons, and 2 blue ribbons for his market hogs. He also received 8 blue ribbons 3 for woodworking, 1 for dried fruit, 1 for knitting, 1 for his metal art, and 2 for his art work.
Manson FFA Sophomores
Natalie Solorio got a blue ribbon and in fitting and showing.
Katie Gosvener received a call back and blue ribbons for fitting and showing and market hog. She also received a reserve grand champion for her concord grapes, a first place ribbon for metal art, a first and second place ribbon for plants, and a second place ribbon for crafts.
Lauren Soliday received blue ribbons in fitting and showing and for market hog.
Paige Schoenwald received 2 red ribbons for her market hogs and 1 blue ribbon for fitting and showing.
Manson FFA Juniors
Zane Mericle got a blue ribbon for his market goat and a call back ribbon and a blue ribbon for fitting and showing.
Gunnar Rasmussen (pictured above) received blue ribbons for his market hog and for fitting and showing. He also received a grand champion ribbon for his metal art.
Allison Adame got a red ribbon for her market hog and a blue ribbon for fitting and showing.
Bryanna Harris received a reserve grand champion ribbon for her market goat, and blue ribbons for her market pig and for fitting and showing. She also received a grand champion for her painting, 2 blue ribbons for metal art and artwork, and a blue ribbon for tomatoes.
Manson FFA Seniors
Bryce LaMar received blue ribbons for his market hog and for fitting and showing.
Raeauna Mogan received blue ribbon in market hogs and in fitting and showing. In the arts she received a reserve grand champion and a blue ribbon.
Congratulations to all participants! Go Trojans!