County-wide Snow Removal/Winter Maintenance Resource List
Snow season is just around the corner here in Chelan County. We typically suspend our Road Construction and Maintenance Update during the winter because road crews are heavily focused on snow removal. Look for that to end at the end of November and pick back up in late February or early March.
We will continue to reach out via this email list when we have major snow events, or in anticipation of major snow events. Or when we need to share snow removal policy reminders.
While the county road crew is prepping for snow season (it has already started in some parts of the county), please remember to use the following resources:
- The Chelan County Snow Removal Policies is available on our website.
- Also on our Maintenance webpage is a GIS map showing snowplow priority routes around the county. Those priority routes also are available for download in PDF. Please learn what priority route you live on, or those routes that you use frequently.
- Refresh yourself with snowplow etiquette on our Public Works blog.
- If you have a snow removal concern, please use our Service Request page. Your concerns will be forwarded to the appropriate road district foreman.
- Keep up on Chelan County Public Works news on our Facebook page, or via the communications page for those who aren’t on Facebook.
Horselake Road: The Wenatchee road that leads to the Horse Lake Trails was closed last week, two weeks ahead of its scheduled annual closure. It will not re-open until April 1. Every year, Horselake, Oklahoma Gulch (Entiat) and Mountain Home (Leavenworth) roads are closed from Dec. 1 to April 1 to protect the primitive roads from the recurring periods of freezing and thawing that can damage the roadway. Roads also may be closed to protect wintering herds of mule deer.
Holiday Office Closures
Chelan County Offices are closed Nov. 23-24 for the Thanksgiving holiday. Also closed those dates will be the Chelan County Moderate Risk Waste Facility and the Dryden and Chelan transfer stations. Both the Dryden and Chelan transfer stations will be open normal hours on Saturday, Nov. 25.
Maintenance plans may change with weather conditions or equipment difficulties. Visit the Public Works website, where the weekly road maintenance information is regularly updated.