Game Recap 11/1/2019 vs. Mabton (Senior Night)
Information released by Manson Athletic Department; Kendra Farnsworth photos
Final score: Manson 26 Mabton 7 . Manson football sent their seniors out the right way last Friday night…with a decisive win. The Trojans will still play for a shot in the 2B playoffs, but this was their last home game of the season at the Manson Athletic Complex (MAC).
The defense played another amazing game and kept the Mabton Vikings to 7 points on the night. The Trojans stopped the air passing attack and Mabton had no other answer. The Trojans were fittingly led by Senior Parker Schoenwald on defense who ended the game with 2 sacks. Jesus Portillo had an interception that he returned all the way to the 5-yard line before being pushed out of bounds.
On offense, the Trojans had a slow start. They didn’t score until the 2nd quarter. They finally got on the board with a touchdown pass from Tucker Flowers to Caden Beazley to tie the game at 7-7. Then right before half, Caden Beazley returned the favor and threw a touchdown pass to Tucker Flowers. The Trojans went into the locker room with a 13-7 lead. In the 2nd half the Trojans had a big run by Parker Schoenwald (48 yards) and he punched another one in early in the 4th quarter.
“It was fun to watch it all come together for Parker Schoenwald tonight,” (Coach Johanson). “It’s always fun to see a Senior have a big night on Senior Night!”
Manson sits at 5-4 on the season and will travel to Tri-Cities Prep on Friday (11/8) for the crossover playoff game. The winner will advance to state and the loser is out.
- Passing: Tucker Flowers, 5 for 13, 62 yards, 1 TD 1 INT
- Caden Beazley, 3 for 3, 56 yards, 1 TD
- Rushing: Caden Beazley 24 carries for 188 yards
- Parker Schoenwald 6 carries for 60 yards, 2 TD
- Receiving: Caden Beazley 1 reception for 20 yards, 1 TD
- Tucker Flowers 2 receptions for 51 yards, 1 TD
- Junior Vargas 1 reception for 25 yards
- Jesus Portillo: 1 INT
- Parker Schoenwald: 5 Tackles, 2 Sacks
- Nick Strecker: 7 Tackles, 2 Sacks
- Daniel Frayle: 4 Tackles
- Hugo Lopez: 4 Tackles, 2 Tackles for Loss