Community Meeting will be held Sunday, August 8, at 5 p.m.
information and photo released by US Forest Service
The Moe Canyon Fire has grown to an estimated 250 acres with 50% containment. A community meeting will be held Sunday August 8 at 5PM at Cooper’s General Store in Ardenvoir. Fire managers and local officials will provide up to date information on the fire and be available to answer your questions.
UPDATE: 7:00PM August 07, 2021
- Start Date/Time: 8/03/2021 6:00PM.
- Known structures lost: None
- Estimated size: 250 acres
- Containment: 50%
- Location: 10 miles NW of Entiat WA
- Injuries: 1
- Cause: Lightning
- Resources: 3 crews 2 helicopters, 5 Engines 2 scoopers, 3 Tender 1 air attack, 2 Dozer, 1 Skigine
Today: Cloud cover, cooler temperatures and the lack of wind led to unexpected success on the fire today. Burnout along the northern edge of the fire, supported by one helicopter in the morning hours significantly improved containment lines. Crews working on the south, south east and east edge of the fire conducted burn out operations that were also successful in strengthening containment lines. 2 Scoopers dropped water below, or down slope from containment lines to wet fuels that could be ignited by burning materials rolling out of the active fire. Crews will monitor containment lines until midnight tonight.
Tomorrow: Line improvement will continue. Snags that could fall outside of containment lines will be removed. Mopping up and erosion control will begin as well.
- Weather: Cooler temperatures, 68-78 and gusty winds up to 35 mph are forecast Sunday.
- Air Quality: For information on air quality visit https://wasmoke.blogspot.com/
- Aircraft: A Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR) is in place in the vicinity of the Moe Canyon Fire.
- Evacuations: Effective 7:00PM August 5, 2021 a Level 1 (get ready) Evacuation notice is in place south of Entiat River Road from and including Roaring Creek Road north to milepost 9.5 at and including Sunshine Lane. All residences on the north side of Entiat River Road between Roaring Creek Road and Sunshine Lane, excluding those in Crum Canyon are also at Level 1.
- Closures: Forest Service Road 5801(Moe Ridge) and 5810310
- Cooperators: WA DNR, USFS, Chelan County Fire District 8.