Next up: Manson Hosts Lake Roosevelt on Thursday
Information submitted by Eric Sivertson
The Trojans travelled to Entiat for a non league match up Tuesday and beat the Tigers in 4 sets.
The match marked the first outing for the full Manson team, but the Trojans came out on fire and were able to jump on top early in the first set and won 25-14. Manson lost traction, losing set 2; 18-25 and squeaked by in set 3 with a win; 25-23.
The Trojans regrouped, found their groove and took set 4 with a commanding score of 25-10 to win the match.
- Josephine Thompson had 13 kills, 20 digs and served 26/28 with 5 aces.
- Kendall Petre served 15/17 with 3 aces and added 8 kills and 13 digs.
- Lauren Soliday served 9/10, had 16 digs and put up 12 assists.
- Marylein Bernardo had 4 kills and served 11/13 with 1 ace.
- Esme Angulo added 7/8 with one ace.
- Stefany Luna was the only player to serve 100% for the Trojans, with 6/6.
The night served as a great debut for the team, with an opportunity to work out some kinks and make a few adjustments.
In JV action, the Trojans won 2 sets to 1 with scores of: 25-16, 16-25, 27-25.
- Stefany Luna served 19/20 with 1 ace, had 8 digs and 1 kill.
- Sarah Simmons served 6/7 with 1 ace, had 10 digs and 3 kills.
- Esme Angulo served 10/14 with 5 aces and had 4 digs and 6 assists.
- Maya Hanna had 2 kills, 4 digs and 7 assists.
- Devan Regan and Natalie Solorio each added a kill for the team.
Overall, it was a fantastic showing for the Trojans, leaving both JV and Varsity with a 1-0 record.
Up next, the Trojans host Lake Roosevelt on Thursday, September 12.
Action gets underway at 5pm for JV and 6:30pm for Varsity.
Go Trojans 🏐💙🏐