Season is heating up on the course
information and photo submitted by Sherry Fisk
At last, we’re moving into those lazy-crazy-hazy-days of summer out on the golf course. Summer in the city is hot, hot, hot! Time to dig out those squirt bottles, cold neck wraps and bring plenty of cool water.
This week’s competition was Medal Play (low gross and net of field, low net by division). Twenty-two members were in attendance to play the game and the winners were:
- Low Gross of Field, April Talley, gross 83. Whew, talk about taking care of business!
- Low Net of Field was a tie between Susie Clausen and Jane Storms, net 68.
- Division 1: First place, Carol Ferguson, net 70. Second place, Jan Artim, net 75.
- Division 2: First place, MaryJo DuRuz, net 76. Second place was a 4-way tie between Karen Holst, Maggie Stalcup, Janet Foyle and Sherry Ochsner, net 77.
- Division 3: First place, Susie Martin, net 73. Second place, Judy Johanson, net 75.
- Girl on fire, Linda Reister had the lone chip-in and a birdie on hole 4. April Talley had a birdie on hole 13.
We should be walking on sunshine next week when our club holds a Member/Member Tournament. In the past, we would hold a Member/Guest Tournament where each of us would invite someone not presently in our club. Well, another one bites the dust as our tournament this year will be simply pairing up the club members and not mingling with visitors.